Registration is closed.
Course started Monday 26 September 2016
For late signups:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6463 8687
Following the successful inaugural launch of the “Gateway to Health Informatics” in March 2009, Gateway Consulting, in collaboration with the Department of Medical Informatics & Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), USA, is pleased to announce the launch of the next Course. OHSU is an accredited university and medical school in the U.S. and is ranked among the best medical schools in the U.S.
Gateway to Health Informatics (G2HI) provides certified training in health informatics using a teaching model that delivers lectures and course work by distance learning, augmented with classroom-based, face-to-face tutorials conducted in Singapore. Active participation in the Course online forum discussions is also encouraged.
The Course objective is to provide rigorous, broad-based training in health informatics to interested participants, especially individuals working in the healthcare and healthcare-related industries, in Singapore and countries in the region. The Course is similar to the on-line BMI 510 – Introduction to Biomedical Informatics class currently taught in the OHSU Biomedical Informatics Graduate program.
G2HI is also similar to the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) 10×10 Program offered by OHSU which was originally developed as a partnership between AMIA and OHSU.
G2HI is now endorsed by the American Medical Informatics Association as an AMIA i10x10 (international 10×10)Course. Upon successful completion of the Course, G2HI participants will be awarded the highly branded AMIA i10x10 Certificate.
For students who are eligible for graduate study (i.e. have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university), the AMIA i10x10 Certificate will also earn them three credit-hours that can be carried forward into the OHSU graduate programs in medical informatics or similar programs in other US universities that recognize the AMIA 10×10 certificate training.
The online Course is conducted by Professor William Hersh, Professor and Chair of the Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health & Science University, USA. Professor Hersh will also be in Singapore for the final Course tutorial to be held before the final examination.
In addition, the two classroom-based tutorials will be conducted by Professor KC Lun, former President of the International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) and CEO, Gateway Consulting and other Singapore health informatics practitioners appointed by Gateway Consulting.
For more, see Faculty
Who needs this Course?
All individuals who desire to have certified training in health informatics from OHSU (a recognized and accredited U.S. university and medical school) and endorsed by the American Medical Informatics Association. In particular, the G2HI course is suitably tailored for
- IT professionals working or interested in working in healthcare;
- Clinical, medical, nursing and other healthcare-related professionals interested in health information technology;
- IT industry business leaders and managers dealing with IT systems and solutions in healthcare;
- Senior administrators and policy makers involved in organizational transformation initiatives in health information technology;
- Research scientists working on IT-based, healthcare-related projects;
- Individuals interested in career opportunities in health information technology.
The Course provides a broad-based introduction to health informatics, the field concerned with the acquisition, use, and storage of information in healthcare, biomedical research, and public health. Students focus on the underlying themes of health informatics, including the proper use of information technology in health and biomedical settings. The course also covers the main applications of information technology in health and biomedicine, including electronic health records, information retrieval, genomics, and telemedicine. The viewpoints of information technology from medicine, computer science, nursing, public health, patients/consumers are considered.
For more, see Course Description
What participants will get
- Access to OHSU online course and course materials.
- AMIA i10x10 Certificate issued by the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) (subject to satisfying requirements for award of Certificate).
- Award of 3 credits (subject to passing the Course) which can be carried forward to graduate programs in health informatics at OHSU or similar programs at other US universities that recognize the AMIA 10×10 certificate training.
- Attendance at 2 in-person (face-to-face) tutorials in Singapore conducted by experienced OHSU and Singapore health informatics practitioners.
For details on Course fee and enrolment, please see Registration