GATEWAY CONSULTING SINGAPORE & TAIPEI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY JOINT COURSE
Learn the Fundamentals of Data Science specially tailored to Healthcare. Check out our unique Syllabus. No other course in Singapore, or for that matter, elsewhere, covers all of the topics we offer. This is due to the unique, multiple skill sets of our tutor, who has had nearly 40 years of experience with data science in healthcare.
With effect from 1 April 2017, the Data Analytics in Healthcare Course will be jointly offered by Gateway Consulting and the College of Medical Science & Technology, Taipei Medical University. Under this collaboration, the course will taught by Dr KC Lun of Gateway Consulting and the Certificate of Attainment will be awarded by the College of Medical Science & Technology, TMU.
The current IMDA CITREP+ funding will end on 31 March 2018.
Due to popular demand, there will be 2 runs (20th and 21st) of the Data Analytics in Healthcare Course before the expiry date.
Registration is CLOSED. Please join the March run (confirmed)
Registration is Open. Click here to register online
Registration closes in 15 days, 10 hours, 42 minutes
Please register early as each course is limited to 12 participants only
This course is endorsed by IMDA for CITREP+ 2017.
THE IMDA CITREP+ FUNDING IS NOW EXTENDED TO INCLUDE SINGAPORE PERMANENT RESIDENTS (SPRs). PLEASE REFER TO FUNDING TABLE BELOW:
* Definition of SME: • Annual Sales turnover of not more than S$100 million OR • Employment size of not more than 200 workers
FOR DETAILS PLEASE CHECK HERE
In addition, Singapore citizens who are self-sponsored can also use all or part of their S$500 Skills Future Credit to further offset their course fee payment (terms apply).
For other Gateway Consulting Courses, please visit www.gatewaypl.com
Comments from the 20th run (7-9 Feb 2018)
Many good examples to let us understand better
Tutor is friendly, knowledgeable and patient
Very patient, willing to explain concepts, re-demo steps during labs
Why a Data Analytics in Healthcare Course?
With the increasing use of IT in healthcare, consolidating the large volumes of data generated daily from a healthcare institution’s array of information systems is increasingly posing a massive challenge to administrators, care providers and researchers. Leveraging on such data is vital to the healthcare institution in terms of gathering business intelligence, streamlining workflows, keeping operating costs down and having the means to track and improve operations so as to offer the highest quality of customer service and patient care. To maximize the yield of information from its operations data, it is strategic for healthcare institutions to acquire in-house analytic skills which can provide them with the professional competence to collect, clean, process and analyse data and generate results especially for workflow dashboards and KPIs for use by its management, care providers and various stakeholders. As statistics is the bedrock of data analytics, Gateway Consulting’s Data Analytics in Healthcare Course is tailored to enable participants to acquire the necessary data analytic skills as a first step in the training of data scientists in healthcare. The emphasis on acquiring basic statistical skills is done over 3 days of full-day training using a combination of lectures, case studies and hands-on labs. Participants will also get to learn the use of the open-source R-Commander statistical package (no coding is needed). All lectures and labs are conducted by Dr KC Lun, CEO of Gateway Consulting and a retired NUS, NTU and Duke-NUS professor with over 40 years of teaching experience at university levels.
NOTE: This Course is called Data Analytics in Healthcare because it was originally designed for individuals working in healthcare. However the concepts, techniques and skills taught in this Course are GENERIC and can be usefully applied in areas other than healthcare such as banking, insurance, business, population and socio-demographic studies, telco industry etc.
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE:
- You learn Principles of Data Analytics (what are Data Analytics, how are they important to you and to your organization and how do you apply them?)
- You learn Fundamentals of Statistics and how they are applied (concepts and applications of confidence intervals, statistical indices, data visualization and statistical tests of significance)
- You learn the Principles and Uses of Predictive Analytics (concepts and applications of commonly-used Predictive Analytics techniques)
- You learn the skills of data collection including Types of Study Designs, Sampling Methodology and Estimation of Sample Size and Power of Statistical Tests
- You learn the skills of data-processing and data cleaning, data visualization and statistical analyses (including Predictive Analytics techniques) using the intuitive, open-source (= free)R-Commander and its EZR plugin. R-coding is minimal.
- This course is endorsed by IDA under its CITREP+ programme (70% course fee reimbursement for Singapore citizens – terms apply)
- If you are a Singapore citizen and self-sponsored, you also qualify for the use of all or part of your Skills Future Credits (SFC) to offset course fee payment.
- Best of all, you are taught by a tutor who has over 40 years of national and international experience with data analytics at university level.
Who needs the Data Analytics in Healthcare Course?
- Staff of healthcare institutions that are interested to foster a data-driven culture within their organization
- Individuals working or wishing to work in healthcare institutions, business and research organizations and industries who desire to acquire basic data analytic skills training
- Individuals aspiring to work as data scientists in healthcare institutions, business and research organizations and industries.
- Individuals wishing to acquire basic data analytic skills training for research and development (R&D)
- Individuals with interests to learn data analytics as applied to all areas of industrys
Course Trainer for the Data Analytics in Healthcare Course
Dr KC Lun is CEO of Gateway Consulting and a retired NUS, NTU and Duke-NUS professor with over 40 years of teaching experience at university levels. His last academic appointment prior to retirement was Professorial Fellow (Health Informatics) in the Dept of Information Systems, NUS (until 31 Dec 2014). He has over 40 years of experience in the fields of biostatistics, health informatics, medical demography and research designs and methodology.
His track record is available at this URL
In addition to the Course Folder, all Course Participants will also receive a FREE DVD comprising (1) full lecture and lab slides, (2) softcopies of Course References, (3) the latest version of R and R-Commander, (4) videoclips used at lectures and labs, (5) text and video resource materials on biostatistics techniques and R and R-Commander usage and (6) Software on Sample Size calculations and Statistical Power estimations developed by Dr KC Lun for the World Health Organization.
For details on Course fee and enrolment, please see Registration